We are always excited about meeting new patients and their families during their first visit. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough, comprehensive exam, which will include all aspects, including the evaluation of the TMJ. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic/TMJ needs. The records include X-rays and photos and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic/TMJ treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is this a condition that orthodontics can address?
- What is TMD and how is it treated?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We can answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, and we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card or call ahead and we will have it ready for your appointment.
By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.